The Dewy makeup trend is everywhere. On Instagram, in magazines, and even most recently at the Olympics. Call to mind Aly Raisman and her signature glow. There is just something so pretty, fresh, and youthful about dewy makeup. We’ll tell you how every skin type can achieve the look for yourself.
- Key number one is finding the correct moisturizer for your skin type! Oily/combination skin still needs moisture too, you just need one that will balance you throughout the day. Our esti’s suggest the lightweight, pore minimizing Daily Moisture from SkinCeuticals. Or try the Eminence Organics Red Currant Protective Moisturizer with sustained release tea tree oil to reduce visible signs of breakouts, and SPF 30. Normal to dry skin types should try Eminence Organics Tropical Vanilla Day Cream with hydrating shea butter and SPF 32. Or try One Love Organics Skin Savior balm with a blend of pure, cold pressed oils including coconut and jojoba(P.S. you can mix this balm with your shade of Jane Iredale loose powder to create your very own tinted moisturizer. YES!)
- Apply your makeup immediately after moisturizer to allow your foundation to blend seamlessly into your skin. We like the Jane Iredale Glow Time Mineral BB Cream, applied with the Foundation brush. It gives an airbrushed appearance and you’ll find you need way less than you think! A pea size is plenty for the entire face. Apply over you eyes as well to act as a primer for your shadow.
- If you’re worried about shine, keep one of Jane Iredale’s hydration mist’s in your purse to refresh your makeup throughout the day. Balance is specifically created to help balance skin’s oil and contains green tea, which is known to benefit blemish prone skin. Pommist can be used on all skin types, and the pomegranate in it not only smells amazing but gives a boost of antioxidants. Also, try applying a translucent powder just to the t-zone if you want additional shine protection.
- Highlight where the sun would naturally hit you: in a C shape along the top of the cheekbones and up around the brow, the nose, and the brow bone. If you’re using a light golden or white shimmering highlighter, also apply it to the inner corner of the eyes to instantly brighten. We love the Jane Iredale Cream Highlighter in Complete, and the Moonglow and Sunbeam bronzer quads. Moonglow and Sunbeam can also be applied all over the eyes as shadow for a beautiful, sunkissed glow(see our Phresh Summer ’16 blog, Bronzed Babe, for more ideas! Bronzed Babe: Phresh Summer ’16 ).
- Cream blush is your dewy makeup must have. Any cream blush will give you instant dew factor and has major staying power in hot weather. We especially love the Jane Iredale cream blushes in Connection(a pinky gold), Chemistry(a warm pink brown), Charisma(a deep bronzed rose, perfect for darker skin tones), and Clarity(a matte, bright pink, for those that want dewy not shimmery).
- Choose lipgloss over lipstick. Glosses automatically make your lips look softer, hydrated, and plumped. A few of our summer favs are Jane Iredale PureGloss in Beach Plum(a shimmering peachy pink), Nectar(a honey rose shade), and Tangerine(a sheer bright coral).
For more ideas or a personalized dewy makeup look, call us today to book an appointment with one of our makeup artists. For our West End location, call 763-450-1111. For our Grand Ave location, call 651-288-4040.