Looking for ways to be a healthier you this year? Try these de-stressing tricks from our spa team to get you on your way to wellness.
Scent memory is a powerful thing. Next time you are in the spa, choose a specific essential oil to be used in your massage or facial. This will create a scent association with feelings of relaxation. Purchase that same oil for use at home or even at your office.* To instantly recall that feeling of calm you had in your spa service, follow these simple steps:
- Dab some of the oil on your palms.
- Hold your palms up in front of your face.
- Close your eyes and take 3-5 deep, slow breaths.
*Essential oils can be purchased at some grocery stores like Whole Foods, Kowalskis, or Lunds. You can also find them online.
Acupressure points are another great way to quickly release tension. There is a pressure point between the thumb and pointer finger that when gently pressed will encourage tranquility and can ease pain in the neck and head. To try it for yourself, follow these simple steps:
- Locate the area where your thumb and pointer finger join together. The muscle just beyond the webbed skin is full of nerve endings. That is where you will find your pressure point.
- Begin on one hand and gently apply pressure to that area while taking 3-5 deep, slow breaths.
- Repeat on the opposite hand.
These tips can easily be used anytime, and anywhere, you need moments of de-stressing and refocusing. Our health is something we should never take for granted, so be good to yourself and take the time when you need it.
For more wellness tricks tailored to you, schedule a spa service with one of our team members. Call us today at 651-288-4040 for Phresh Spa Salon on Grand Ave or 763-450-1111 for Phresh Spa Salon at the Shops at West End.