How do you know what to reach for when breakouts rear their ugly heads? At the end of the day, it’s a simple matter of knowing the right ingredients to look for. Once you’ve got that, the power is in your hands. We’ve compiled a list of what you need, and why, to keep your skin clear, calm and radiant.
- Kaolin clay naturally draws impurities from the skin to decongest pores, lift impurities, and remove excess oil.
- Find it in the Clarifying Clay Masque from Skinceuticals. For oily skin types, it is gentle enough to be used daily. All other skin types can use weekly to help maintain clear skin and minimize pores.
- Salicylic acid is well know for it’s blemish banishing properties. The reason why it works so well? It penetrates deeper that other acids to get to the bottom of oil glands and clean out pores.
- Find it in Skinceuticals Blemish + Age Defense, an oil-free, daily serum for aging skin prone to breakouts.
- Also find it in Eminence Organics Clear Skin Targeted Treatment. Apply a small amount directly to cleansed skin on problem areas and leave on, once or twice daily.
Tea Tree Oil
- Tea tree oil is anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory. It’s a natural and gentle way to treat breakouts that is even safe to use during pregnancy.
- Find it in the Red Currant Protective Moisturizer SPF 30 from Eminence Organics. This moisturizer utilizes microencapsulated tea tree oil for a sustained release of tea tree to reduce the signs of breakouts.
- Yogurt is a source of lactic acid which gently exfoliates to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. It is also a source of probiotics – good bacteria that balances out the bad, blemish causing bacteria.
- Find it in Eminence Organics Clear Skin Probiotic Masque (Bonus, this masque also contains two of the other super ingredients: Tea Tree Oil and Kaolin Clay).
To purchase any of these products, visit us at either of our convenient locations: on Grand Avenue in St. Paul, or at the West End in St. Louis Park. To get personalized recommendations, schedule a facial with one of our licensed estheticians. Tap the link for your desired location below.
Grand Avenue https://onlinebooking.phreshspasalon.com/mainob/#/