Do you want smoother, clearer, younger-looking skin? Make sure your diet includes these ten items.
1. Blueberries are rich in vitamins A and C, plus flavonoids like querticin, that fight wrinkles and protect from free radical damage. Blueberries also have the highest antioxidant concentration of all fruits.
2. Wild salmon is one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids which hydrate and soften the skin as well as reducing inflammation.
3. A cup of chopped kale contains over 100% of your recommended daily Vitamin C intake. Vitamin C helps your body produce the collagen you need to strengthen the skin and prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Walnuts are packed full of natural fatty acids to soften the skin and smooth the complexion.
5. Dark Chocolate has hydrating nutrients and is loaded with flavanols that are clinically shown to help protect your skin from UV damage.
6. Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene which produces vitamin A. Vitamin A increases cell turnover for smoother skin and a more even complexion.
7. The fiber in whole grains helps flush toxins from the body to reveal clearer skin.
8. The lycopene in tomatoes is a powerful antioxidant that prevents free radical damage from UV rays.
9. Avocados are high in vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps defend against sun damage, and essential fatty acids which moisturize and enhance skin tone.
10. Drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated, plump, and clear. The more water you drink, the faster toxins that can cause blemishes will be flushed from the system.
To learn more about how to care for your skin, schedule a facial with one of our estheticians at phresh spa salon on Grand Avenue in St. Paul, or phresh spa salon at West End in St. Louis Park.